Should I quit my job now or wait?

I've worked the same retail job for the past 4 years to pay for my Bachelor's. I graduated last May. I'm pursuing graduate school (in the process of applying) which is why I'm not necessarily seeking a career job currently. 

The plan was to continue working until I can find a new one, preferably health care related since that is my desired field. I haven't had much time to job search because I've been preparing my grad school applications and was going to restart seriously  job searching once i'm done applying. However, working at my retail job is starting to really drain me and make me feel depressed. I desperately need a change in environment. Being in the same spot for so long is getting to me I guess. 

I want to put in my 2 weeks now and just be unemployed. That will also give me time to job search more seriously. Fortunately, I still live with family so bills are handled but I also have student loans that I'll have to start paying for soon. I was thinking if it comes down to it I could always try to get a part-time retail job again after a month or so of searching. That way I can still have some income while looking for something better. 

If I wait it would be after I finish my school applications, job search, and find a job. But who knows how long that'll be. I'm almost done applications but job searching is a little iffy. I've sent in job applications here and there and haven't heard from anyone. 

First of all working in retail for 4 years won't even come close to paying for a bachelor's degree.  You won't even get paid in one year what they want for ONE "low" monthly payment.  It's a fuggin joke and an egregious crime (but we all know that by now).

MYKA- I feel your pain, I'm 41 and have worked at the same retail store for almost 12 years, I want out SOO bad.

If I were you, I would suck it up and keep the job. it always easier to find a job when you have a job.

Right now the job market is a little down casue of some SUPER exaggerated virus.

God bless

Why not discuss it with your boss?