Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicOther - Entertainment · 2 months ago

Madonna or Mariah Carey?

Of these two diva pop stars, who do you prefer musically?

Mariah Carey is absolutely superior to Madonna in every facet of musical talent, skill, and vocal range...it's not even close.

Definitely Mariah. I never cared for Madonna.

I love both but Mariah is of course amazing.

Musically they both have their merits, personality wise they both come across as self entitled divas who think the world revolves around them. But as I've never met either woman I don't know what they are like away from public gaze. 

music is a lie perpetrated by thieves and other criminals. YOU screwed yourself. YOU didnt mention "stand by your man". YOU brought up "nine to five". YOU ARE NOT ONLY a LIAR but a TRAITOR!

Sorry but Madonna has been relevant for longer.  When you think she isn't relevant anymore she adapts and puts out a fresh style.

Mariah Carey and Madonna are both Hollywood ho's for instance when Mariah Carey was young and she wanted some new clothes she went out and slept with five guysnow Madonna on the other hand is another nasty nasty woman there's a special place for Madonna and hell

Source(s): I have dealt with these Hollywood prostitutes for years

Yeah, did this question really needed to be asked? Mariah Carey is the vocal goddess here. They shouldn't even be compared to one another.

Madonna ain't no real singer.

I really really hate both, but Mariah

I prefer Mariah's sound.

Madonna

Technically, Mariah Carey's a better singer, but that doesn't make her a better musician or better musically. I far, far, far prefer the music of Madonna, which she actually writes, making her a true musician in my estimation, unlike Carey, who merely regurgitates songs others have written. 

Also, there is almost nothing in Madonna's music catalog that I don't love. I totally love Madonna's music. I believe that's because it's art and art is truth, is beauty. It's not just style, which is art mimicked and at best offers merely a facade of beauty. 

You see, there's art and there's style. Madonna is an artist. Madonna created culture, greatly evoked the culture of the 80s and 90s. The culture she brought about was, for example, a huge catalyst for the gay rights movement in the 90s, without which movement gays wouldn't have the acceptance they get today, can get married and have legal rights. That's just one example. Another would be feminism and female empowerment, especially female sexual empowerment. Mariah Carey, on the other hand, is just a stylist, a stylist whose style I, with a few exceptions, generally don't care for. A stylist merely reflects and imitates what artists have created. So, in my book, Mariah Carey barely even qualifies as a musician, just in so much as she is a vocalist.

I mean, if you're were to base "better musically" on vocal ability alone, then that would make Justin Bieber better musically than Bob Dylan or Leonard Cohen, which he definitely, definitely, definitely isn't, just like Mariah Carey definitely, definitely, definitely isn't better musically than Madonna.