Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 months ago

Russia created a coronavirus vaccine, but Americans outright refuse it?

Why? No American making money off of it? 

75 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favourite answer

America cannot acknowledge Russia's accomplishment because of sour grapes. 

• ?
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

I'd take it if it was here.

• 5 months ago

Because they are skipping the test phase and using their people as guinea pigs.  We don't do that.

• Mark J
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It is not proven. it hasn't been tested rigourously. What testing that has been done has been on a very small sample.

IF, and its a very very big if, it is effective then its a huge step forward. Western practioners in the field believe that the vaccine requires at lease 6 months of further testing before it would pass Western accreditation.

What happens if it doesn't work, w

hat happens if there are side effects. OK Hollywood isn't real life but what was the Will Smith file 'I am legend'

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

easy,  switch it!  "Americans created a corona virus vaccine, but Russians outright refuse it"

Why? No Russian making money off it?

So the answer to why, is because this is how people in both counties are.  There is a stereotypical disdain for each other due to the cold war and other political issues.  However, there are exceptions to this, see below.

Americans and Russians will make money from both their vaccines.  There is probably some person/company out there who lives/works both in Russian and American and will make a good profit somehow.

Source(s): me, my thoughts
  • 5 months ago

Maybe we should import the vaccine

• 5 months ago

It sounds wonderful, but even our scientists are rushing the processes of testing new drugs.  It is not good to skip testing procedures.  For his daughter's sake, I hope this drug is okay.  Sometimes in life, we just need as President Trump says, "The right to Try."  Some of these untested drugs have saved lives.  So if a life is in danger, then the drug is worth trying.

• 5 months ago

the USA has too many lawyers

they gum up the innovation forcing testing to a point of extreme

FDA required test will delay many important drug release long after the emergency cancels it's self 

lack of choice,,, should the individual people be allowed to choose to vaccinate with unproved drugs  ? 

• 5 months ago

It has nothing to do with sour grapes about who did it first--or who's making money. It has to do with the dubious reputation of Russian scientists who rushed it into production without testing or verification that it works. 

• Sam
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Russia hasn't vetted it properly.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.