Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 1 month ago

I think I might have prediabetes?

I’m skinny so I thought I could always eat anything

I started getting a really dry scalp a few mouth sores

I feel fatigue also sometimes I get dizzy standing up

The other day I made these cute cupcakes and ate like 6

I woke up with migraines backache and generally feeling unwell

I thought it might be related to cupcakes so I’m eating less sugar and I’m noticing my itchy scalp is already feeling less itchy

Pre-diabetes has no symptoms, and diabetes symptoms are not like what you mentioned, and certainly would not pop up all of a sudden.

Dry itchy scalp, can be any number of things, from washing your hair too often, not enough, or a shampoo that does not agree with your skin. 

Mouth sores, again any number of dental/gum or sinus issues can cause this. May be canker sores, which are fairly common, and can be caused from brushing too hard, using toothpaste that contain sodium lauryl sulfate. 

Heck your mouth sores could be due to a food allergy/sensitivity to something you like, and are eating more of lately. Food sensitivities, particularly to chocolate, coffee, strawberries, eggs, nuts, cheese, and spicy or acidic foods. 

A diet lacking in vitamin B-12, zinc, folate (folic acid) or iron. 

Your migraines backache and generally feeling unwell, could be because you are not getting enough sleep, not eating a balanced diet, not getting something (nutrition), you are lacking in your diet. 

And all of it totally unrelated to what you "feel, think" is the problem. 

So go in, get a exam, a few tests and allow the lab and your doctor find out the more likely causes for your issues. 

• Tavy

None of that is pre diabetes. It's not an illness but a warning that you might get diabetes.

I have been Pre for 5 years, nothing happens.

So go get your A1C checked.