Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Not enough cream cheese for cheesecake?

So I have 340 g of cream cheese and I wanted to make a cheesecake for the first time, but when I look at recipes it seems like you need a bit more to make it. So now I feel like I bought cream cheese for no reason, and I don't want to put it on my bagels either. 

I don't mind a small batch of cheesecake, but do you guys have any suggestions for any recipes? I need about 110 g more of cream cheese. Any small recipe is fine for me too. Drop your recipes and tips down below! Thanks!

I could cut the recipe in half but I don't have a pan small enough for the batter. 

Also I'm 4 ounces short so can I use greek yogurt or something?

• denise

You could use the recipe that you have already, just cut down the ingredient amounts by a third, then make a smaller or thinner cheesecake.

• RJ

You can buy more cream cheese, or cut the recipe and use half the ingredients called for 

• Tavy

Goodness gracious, just cut the ingredients in half and make a smaller one.

Not rocket science is it?

next time you buy stuff for a recipe, look at the recipe first so you know exactly what you need...As to recipes, can you split your recipe in half?