Careers where you need further training/education to advance and earn more?

I am trying to find a non office job that makes decent money to start (not in the medical field, I was a CNA briefly and being in the medical field isn't really something I want) and doesn't require a ton of training. But I also want something where I can go back and learn more to become better/specialize to advance and earn more in the profession. What kind of careers are there that are like that? I just don't like being at a desk all day.

There are no jobs out there like that anymore, my man!  In fact, there are no jobs out there anymore.  Period.  Not that there ever were any to begin with in this town.

I.T. is what I recommend, for you to get into, but there is one problem with my recommendation. You might end up sitting at a desk all day. If you are willing to sit at a desk all day then I know you could get a lot of education.

I work in the I.T. industry, and I am always learning new stuff. I got a college education that focuses on the I.T. industry.

You can earn a lot of money if you worked in the I.T. industry, but I don't want to get your hopes up. Because there is a chance that you won't earn a lot of money, or maybe nothing at all.

I know, for a fact there are people who are struggling to work in this industry.

I do a lot of research on my own, so I troubleshoot difficult problems. I don't have anyone helping me, so if you were to get into the I.T. industry then you will eventually be on your own.

I.T. has 4 categories.

1. Networking

2. Hardware

3. Software

4. The Internet

I chose number 4 on my list, so I specialize in the internet. 

• Kyle

Trade jobs like construction, hvac, electrician, plumbing, welding, mechanic, etc.  

those jobs you can make a decent living after training and apprenticeship.  even the military has some jobs in those fields too.  look on the branches websites and see which ones and then talk to a recruiter about the job selection process, enlistment process, and other questions.  

I would say IT related jobs might fit.  but you could also just be on a computer all day as well anyway.  or coding or other software engineering.  

maybe look into transportation or logistic jobs.

Military. Free room & board & training.

Many of the trades are like that. You can start out as an apprentice plumber, electrician, surveyor, welder, builder, etc. with little to no training to start out but then as you go acquire increasing amounts of training, some formal and some on-the-job, that coupled with increasing experience will advance you from apprentice to journeyman to master, which yield higher licensure and potentiality to earn and even eventually the ability to venture out on your own, hang out your own shingle, be your own boss, and bring in others under you, apprentices just starting out. 

It's not a risky venture, either, as America has an extreme shortage in tradespeople right now. It's the cause of the housing shortage, for example. There simply aren't enough tradespeople to build the number of new houses needed to meet demand, which is exponentially driving up the price of housing across the US as tradespeople's wages are skyrocketing as a vast number of competitors are offering more and more to lure them to accept their own building projects over many others' building projects. Of course, not all tradespeople are home builders, but that is just one example. 

Anyone who has needed a qualified tradesperson of late can verify this. It's next to impossible to find one, and when you do, it's next to impossible to even get them to call you back because they are booked so far out into the future, and if you do manage to find one, you may just fall over from sticker shock when they hand you the estimate.  

Jobs that pay well without much training are the difficult/unpleasant ones like manual labor.