Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 6 months ago

How did my employee do this to her computer?

It got to the point it was formatted because we couldn't upgrade our accounting software on her computer since it asked for Microsoft.NET, which couldn't be installed there (it said it was disabled). But what bugs me is the overall looks of the system. The context menu looks very strange, the hovered item is bizarre, not to mention the whole thing is dysfunctional.

I just want to know what she could've done or tried to do, since it is weird.

Not enough information to guess.

What version of Windows was it?  How you install NET on Win 7 and Win 10 are different.  How you configure the look of things like the menu are different.

We also can not see what the menus looked like to guess what was changed.  "Bizarre" is not a clear description of the issue.

It is possible that the employee did nothing.  It could be corrupt files in the Windows install.  It could be a patch that did not properly install.  

Just not enough detail to guess the cause of the issue.

• hart

a bug ,,,,,,,,,

• keerok

Highly customized? Pirated version of windows? 

• John

I could be as simple as a different desktop theme...

• ?

it's possible the hard drive is damaged, or the file system is corrupted. happens a lot with computers.

not sure what you mean Microsoft.NET could not be installed there. if you are running Windows, it should install. you should probably have your tech department check it out.