I accidently bought seed potatoes. Can I cook it to eat?

If when you buy potatoes and keep them long enough to show small shoots,you will have seed potatoes. Do you think seed potatoes are a different variety?

• kswck2

Why take the chance? Just get rid of them or take them back to whomever you bought them from. 

• denise

Well yes, but they will have a lot of waste with what you have to cut off.

• bill

No.They will continue to grow inside your digestive tract and you will end up like Jordie in Creepshow .

• Tavy

No they will be very bitter.

of course you can. The ONLY difference is seed potatoes haven't been treated with a sprout inhibitor where as potatoes to eat have been treated with it.

It would be unwise, see other answer, also will be older and more sprouted than potatoes for eating. If you have no garden, give them to a friend who has a garden with a vegetable patch, explaining your mistake.

I wouldn't- they sometimes coat them with poison to keep anything from eating them when planted.