Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 5 months ago

How come we have to keep 2 metres apart and not 6'6'' after Jacob scrapped metric?

Why did the government ignore him and return to metric after he changed it

Update:

dear me, we have some bad mathematicians here!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favourite answer

Because Jacob is a clown. Just not as good at clowning as Boris.

• 5 months ago

In the Yukon Territory, we keep 1 caribou, 2 sled dogs, or 8 Sourdough loaves apart.  There is one with ravens too, but, I don't remember how many are needed - maybe 6.

• JuanB
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

All the sciences, including health sciences use metric.  

This is a health sciences issue.

Lv 6
    5 months ago

The Left that is pushing the fake "pandemic" can't relate to 6".

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Elaine
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

1 m = 39"

1 ft = 12"

2 m = 78"

78" = 78/12 = 6' 5"

2 m is the same as 6'6" 

1 Km = 0.6 miles

Back in my day we used the Imperial System for everyday measurements but learned the Metric in our high school science courses.  So for me it's not difficult to convert from one system to the other or to think in either system.

The metric system is quite easy as it is based on 10's.  For all measurements the prefixes remain the same.  The only thing that changes is what is being measured. 

• Marli
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Stand six inches further back if you wish.  Many people grew up with the metric system and can't estimate distance in inches and feet. They have  seldom, if ever, seen a yard stick. How can they if there isn't one nearby?  I was ten years old when Canada converted to metric, and living across the river from old foot and yard Uncle Sam, I can gestimate from meters to feet  "1 metre of cloth is 38-39 inches,  roughly 3 feet+3 inches or 1yard+3 inches. 2 metres means standing back a foot longer than I am tall."  (Just don't ask me to convert miles/kms using math unless I have the table before me ) I think the distance between the lines painted outside look  like 5' 8", but we either go along with the lines or we estimate what appears to us 2 metres or 6' and some add at least 3 inches..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.