Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Could you do me a favor?

Please vote for Biden. My family who is in Iran and need to travel to the USA to visit me currently cannot because of Trump's strict immigration policies. This breaks my heart as I do not have any family here and am on a student visa and cannot leave the country. I have heard Biden will loosen up immigration restrictions and this may help my chances of seeing my parents for the first time in 6 years.

My visa is single entry

You know it was Obama/Biden who put those immigration polices in place right?

You tell a sad tale. MILLIONS of others on the planet have a similar one.

NO country on the planet can take everyone that wants to visit, study, work in or just hang around for handouts from local charities.

After Almost 2000 days of study you should have learned something that is useful BACK HOME.

TOO BAD for you that Iranian and US political leaders do not play nice with each other.

Iran does not play nice with many other countries or their own citizens.

Fifty-two American diplomats and citizens were held hostage for 444 days from November 4, 1979, to January 20, 1981 after a group of Iranian COLLEGE STUDENTS took over the U.S. Embassy in Tehran.

It has not been forgotten in the West.

PS a vote for...  does not really help or hurt YOUR chances. Less than 10% of applicants get a visa. Your job is to be better than 90% of the MILLIONS of others.

One wonders why you applied for a single entry visa if you had intention of returning home for visits during your studies abroad. 

You chose to come to a foreign country for your studies on a temporary visa. You have a multiple-entry visa and are free to return home for all school holidays, vacations, etc. In fact, with so many schools switching to online classes due to covid, you could have - and should have - gone home months ago. Your parents have no "rights" or consideration to come visit you, and no need since you have no problem going home to see them. They cannot immigrate, but attempting to visit you makes it look like they intend to commit visa FRAUD (which will get the lot of you back in Iran & permanently barred from US, and all countries US shares info with on visa fraud, visa violations, & everything else. 

It's a bad time to travel due to covid anyway! You're being foolish, your family appears to be attempting visa/immigration fraud, and somebody voting for Biden definitely will not help you. You are going home as soon as you complete your schooling, and after 6 yrs in US already, you should be graduating & returning home in very short order anyway.

That's not happening, maybe they should move.

Why don't you visit them?