Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Do you find the rapture to be a silly belief?

• yesmar

No, I find it to be a dangerous and misleading belief

• Phil M

Yes, but then I find all aspects of religion to be silly beliefs.

The pre-tribulation Rapture?  I'd rather not appeal to ridicule, but it has no Biblical support.

• BJ

No such thing as the rapture. 

The belief that faithful Christians will be bodily caught up from the earth, suddenly taken out of the world, to be united with the Lord “in the air.” The word “rapture” is understood by some persons, but not by all, to be the meaning of 1 Thessalonians 4:17. 

The word “rapture” does not occur in the inspired Scriptures. 

If all faithful Christians will be bodily caught up from the earth, suddenly taken out of the world, how would you explain this scripture? 

Psalms 37:29 The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it. 

when you die, all good people go to heaven, then if that is so, where do the righteous that live on earth forever come from if all righteous are in heaven. 

• Otto

Some believe in rapture. The word rapture is not in the Bible.

The Bible tells us that only 144,000 go to heaven. - Rev. 14:1-3.

I think a couple of things about the Rapture.  One is that we don't know what God is going to do one day.  The future is unknown and we can be all rational about it and say X, Y and Z will or won't happen but the truth is we don't know, and we don't know how that might be fulfilled.  The other is that I can't bring myself to believe people will literally shoot up into heaven or whatever, but I can believe that God will protect those who have followed his ways from the ways of Babylon, and in fact we do see this.  For instance, people who eat meat tend to get ill because of it, and their diet can even kill them.

Absolutely not, it is in the Holy Bible. While the word "Rapture" isn't in the Holy Bible, the process of a Rapture definitely is.

• Liz

The belief that faithful Christians will be bodily caught up from the earth, suddenly taken out of the world, to be united with the Lord “in the air.” The word “rapture” is understood by some persons, but not by all, to be the meaning of 1 Thessalonians 4:17. The word “rapture” does not occur in the inspired Scriptures.

• rodcom

Of all the books in the NT, Revelations has to be on of the least credible of them all. We do not even know who wrote it, just some guy who's first name was John.  It was not even included in the original Bible for many centuries after it was created.  There are way too many who spend more time concentrating on Revelations than the gospels.  I call them Revelationists, not Christians. 

Not at all. It is part of the glorious hope of the believer.