Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

Should I meet a friend who ha recently travelled and had taken the plane?

I mean because of coronavirus. This friend of mine has travelled from Europe to Asia, so he had taken the plane and been in many crowded places. He was tested negative in Europe as well as Asia, and now he supposed to self isolate for about 14 days. Would you meet him if you were me? 

I will be taking the plane very soon and I don't want to be quarantined at the airport 

Um..I don't know why you think I'm a troll..? Kinda confused this is a serious question..

I guess that's entirely up to you DARLIN,, if you're a guy then its BRO. :-)

I can't understand from your question where and when your friend was travelling, but if he is self-isolating, that means he shouldn't be seeing ANYONE for those 14 days.

I can't tell whether you are flying to his country, or what. Nobody gets quarantined just for 'taking a plane'. Your whole question is very unclear.

But one thing is not unclear at all: For as long as your friend is self-isolating you should not meet him.

• drip

After he has gone through at least 14 days of isolation. And if you feel he did isolated himself. 

• MS

No - quarantine means staying away from other people.  You shouldn't visit him and he shouldn't ask you to.

No, not until he finished his 14 day quarantine.

If your friend finishes his quarantine, then there is no reason you can't see him - UNLESS - there is mandatory quarantine for entering whichever country you will be flying to. 

If you are flying from one country to another, you need to check the government advice and information on quarantine.

If you are taking an internal flight, then you probably won't need to quarantine.  Check what your country advice is.

Your friend is in quarantine so he is not allowed to see anyone, including you.  

Which part of QUARANTINE do you not understand?

When the quarantine period is completed go visit your friend. Airplanes are just one small item on a long list of possible places your friend MIGHT get infected.

Testing is just valid for the moment the test was made. The virus can linger hidden for weeks.

He's supposed to be in quarantine - so absolutely shouldn't be meeting anyone. 

(You can test negative in the early days of having the virus; so this isn't a guarantee he's not infectious)