Is it generally safe to use a real picture of yourself as an avatar online IE Youtube, twitch. etc?

What if I just use a real picture of myself on every online account. Would that put me at risk or is that the normal way to go about things on the internet

Unless for a business site or your social media page, I would not advise it. Even social media can be dangerous. I keep my photo off. The internet already knows more about you (and me) than we know and the photo just opens more windows to you. Personally, I would not.

Sure. You may also want to display your main email account, name, address, social security number and full details of all your cards.

at risk of what exactly, your picture is already on official sites, schools, employment, driving, passport... so what are you hiding from. If you want to make money from any of your posts then you would be better using yourself anyway.