Jim asked in Social SciencePsychology · 5 months ago

Are All Sociopaths Violent / Dangerous?

I don't know where I heard it, but I read somewhere that some doctors say many corporate CEOs or wall street investment bankers have sociopathic traits.  They will do anything, legal and sometimes illegal, to make a buck and climb the so-called "corporate ladder".  

Their disregard of who they walk over without emotion or care seems sociopathic.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favourite answer

The Hostile Sociopath. While not all sociopaths exhibit aggression or violence, the hostile sociopath seems to be angry most of the time. Their feelings of rejection from others often contributes to the level of anger, aggression, or violence they exhibit. 

A High-Functioning Sociopath is someone with an antisocial personality disorder, They think and act without regard for others, and their behavior may include lying, cheating, and manipulating for personal gain. Typically, their narcissism and lack of remorse allows them to achieve their desires. On the surface, sociopaths may appear like anyone else. Some sociopaths do not function well in society and spend their time in and out of the justice system.

The term high-functioning sociopath is used to describe sociopaths who are especially skilled at giving the illusion of being what they believe others want to see in them. They are especially skilled at recognizing what other people like and do not like and often use that skill to help manipulate potential targets.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.