Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

If my tire looks like this in the morning (pic), what are my options?

Aside from the tow to the tire shop

Update:

I'm in a motel far away from the home base, no spare, no tools.

Update 2:

It went to that state after being parked ok for a few days.

Attachment image

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

"far away from the home base, no spare, no tools" 

Not very realistic or responsible, are you? 

I'd recommend a decent quality 12 volt air compressor.  For any kind of small leak, filling the tire would at least let you drive a few miles to a tire shop. 

I've carried such an air compressor since 1972.  I have used it a few times for myself, and many times for stranded motorists like you. 

I've also carried the kind of (temporary) tire plug that has pieces of what looks like tarred yarn with a large sewing needle with a handle type installation tool for plugging a larger hole.  I have also used that numerous times since the mid 1970s. 

I also keep jumper cables,  simple hand tools and a bright flashlight in my vehicle.  When I'm travelling, I bring a 2-gallon gas can too.

• Tasm
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Get a can of fix it flat

• 1 month ago

Nothing on any car looks like that. Whatever you've been smoking, sleep it off, then look at the tire again. Ask somebody nearby to help you with the car. You need help with the computer too.

You left out the part where you're a single mother and starving student.

• 1 month ago

Somewhere your art teachers are sobbing bitterly.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Find the name of a nearby garage in the phone book and call them and tell them you've got a flat tire. Most likely, they will come to your location and air up your tire. Of course, the garage is going to charge you for that extra service.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A tire would never look like that.  You should've just taken a picture.  Anyway, either put on the spare or have it towed.

• 1 month ago

Then you'll just have to call the nearest tire shop to either recover you or send someone out to fix it at the roadside. Most of us learned long ago that travelling without tools and a jack that that works can be an expensive mistake.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Call for a tow to a garage.

• 1 month ago

Take the tire off, call Lyft or Uber to take you to the tire shop.  Or, if you can clearly see the puncturing object, you could get one of those flat-plugging kits and try to fix it yourself.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

slap on your spare.  You DO have a working spare, don't you ?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.