Why do some people seem to never pedal their bicycle?
- 1 month ago
Laziness. They have a bike, but too lazy to ride it. (most kids, young adults are too busy on electronics.) (others are too busy working. Keep the lights on)
It's a e-bike
Meant to be pedal assist. But use just for motor. (loop hole in DMV LICENSE. bike cannot be gas powered or exceed 20mph or 750w)
gas power = license (motorcycle license if atleast 50cc)
- Green PuffinLv 71 month ago
It's very common to see electric bikes, usually ridden by retirees that either aren't that fit or think their really cool! You can usually still beat them uphill!
- D50Lv 61 month ago
You find a lot of bicycles for sale that seem never to have been pedaled. (Now they're being "peddled" lol)
- 1 month ago
electric like my old 500w Schwinn meridian.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- pit bulls biteLv 71 month ago
likely electric powered
- Land Rider JerryLv 61 month ago
Well when it comes to my bike I can coast, pedal or use the gas engine to propell it. I don't even have to change gears; my bike changes 7 gears automatically.Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder
- OldHippieLv 71 month ago
Several factors are involved when looking at this. 1) Rolling resistance: A smooth tread tire will roll faster on paved surfaces compared to a MTB tire with a knobby tread pattern. Also a tire inflated properly will have less rolling resistance compared to a tire low on air.
2) Aerodynamics: A person on a road bike leaning over from the waist is in a much more "tucked-in" position vs. someone riding a beach cruiser sitting upright. Anything above 10 mph or so & the person on the beach cruiser is fighting wind resistance.
3) Wheel bearings: A quality wheel will have quality bearings. It'll spin more freely & longer. An example of this would be several years ago as I was COASTING down a small hill & passed a guy still pedaling his el cheapo Walmart bike. As I rolled past, I could hear him exclaim...WTF?!
- Pearl LLv 71 month ago
cause they got lucky and learned to do it that way