Why did YouTube think it would be a good idea to place ads in the middle of videos?

Especially when they cut the video off mid-sentence!!!!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I keep reporting the ads no matter what. If I can't, I just refresh until they stop showing.

• 1 month ago

Don't watch videos from channels that put adverts in the middle of the video,on the laptop ad block stops it but on the tv with the you tuber app it plays the ads but you cant block them,im sure its the uploader that decided if its going to be monetized and if the ad plays in the middle or the end.

• Aaron
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Youtube should send you a revenue breakdown and give you insight into how they made money ,To be honest ,the bulk of revenue for a lot of tech companies come from ad ,

• 1 month ago

They know it is hard to not wait to finish it. When enough people leave their site because of it then they will stop and try some other way to get your money. Grampa B

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It's a great Ad for Adblock. 

• 1 month ago

For financial gain, YouTube is a business who have many expenses, they will normally place the advertisements at a cliffhanger within the video to entice the viewer to stay to see what comes next meaning they are more likely to view the advertisement.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They do it to annoy those people who are too stupid to use ad-blocking add-ons with their browsers.

• 1 month ago

well its a good idea as you just posted about it, they do these things to get you to watch the ad, thats how they make money, if they put it in the midle yes its annoying but...you noticed it didnt you. they win. You can get some browser or player extensions to cut out a few of them but none work fully as youtube change the URLs used for ads allot to avoid you being able to block them.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yeah it's quite annoying but there are ways around it. You can usually download browser extensions that can remove the ads.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.