Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 1 month ago

Why do people get scared when they walk into a spider web?

You're a human being, not a fly.

Act like it!

"Because there’s probably a spider"

Refer back to the reminder that you're not a fly...

Have you not seen what happened to Frodo when he got caught in a web?

• martin

Because they don't want to become a widower 

The one I walked into the other night was the size of a big semi detached house!

the fella in the middle was the size of your car :-D

LOL

• Kenny

That is how most humans act  . Same with seeing a snake you didn't know was there .

Because they don't want to get trapped in the web, and have their insides sucked out by the spider. I can just imagine the agony of waiting in fear, waiting for the spider to emerge from the outer edge of the web, ready to inject you with flesh dissolving enzymes, before returning hours later to suck you dry. You can cry for help, but it's no use. "Help me! Someone help! I'm stuck in this web and can't escape! Hurry, the spider's coming! I think it's a brown recluse or a wolf spider or it could be a tarantula! I gotta take a dump too, and I think it's diarrhea! Heeelllppp! I'm prairie doggin'!" 

Because there might be a spider in that web.

• Asep

Because there’s probably a spider crawling on you