Eden asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

why am i obsessed with time?

what i mean by this is, i feel the need to check the time constantly and making sure they add up. for example, (which this is the most it happens) if i am watching a video, i always press the screen to show the time until the #’s ‘add up’ or ‘match’ (exs: 1:11, 1:01, 1:23, 3:21, etc). i also multiply, add, divide, and subtract numbers in order to match (ex: 6:32, 8:44, etc). i have no idea why i do this or what would cause it, all i know is that i feel compelled and agitated when i don’t check. 

if anyone needs me to explain a different way or better i’ll try my best, just ask. 

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. 

Try not to let it take over you

you might have an ocd, maybe you should get some help for that

It could be a just bad habit or it could be signs of OCD.

I'm only suggesting this because I have OCD and this hit close to home but that might not mean anything.

A lot op people thing OCD is just a dominating feeling that bothers you but it goes deeper then that: is it just a feeling that bothers you if you don't do it or do you feel like something bad might happen if you don't do it?

I'm of course not trying to assign you a mental illness because i'm just a kid on the internet but i suggest that if this develops into more than just checking the time or if you do in fact feel like if you don't check it something bad will happen you might want to talk to a professional about this.

If it just bothers you because of the wrenching feeling in your stomach and your throat and you still have the possibility to (sort of) ignore it, try and stop it while you can because you might not have OCD now but if your prone to it and you don't know you might play into actually getting it .

Hope this helps!