Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

What are some things you’ve cooked that other people wouldn’t think making? Looking for ideas?

Shepherds Pie, Chicken Francaise, twice baked potatoes, root beer bbq sauce, lemon kugel

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I usually pick recipes from different countries and cultures. I like it because of the variety of options and the different levels of challenges required into making those dishes.  For example, many people may love to eat dim sum, but no one will ever thought of making it themselves because is not that easy to make. It takes a lot of practice and patience to make a good looking and eatable dumpling from scratch. 

• 1 month ago

pork n bean goulash,Buttermilk Pie.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I make my own jerky, sausage, pasta and pizza dough. 

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When making a chicken pie, if I'm short on chicken, I've added leftover pieces of stuffing / dressing [usually the sage & onion one] its tasty and makes the filling go further, lovely served  with a nice gravy.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • bill
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Steak and Kidney pie,spaghetti sauce with chicken or duck gizzards, pork hocks with sauerkraut, pho,corned beef roasts, carrot cornbread, buffalo chicken pizza.

• 1 month ago

I make my own plain yogurt. It's so easy and so much better for you than store bought.

• 1 month ago

Brandied lobster stir fry.

• 1 month ago

I've made my own mayonnaise--much better tasting than commercial, but a shorter shelf life.  I also made my own  English muffins--surprisingly easy to make.  Next I want to try making marshmallows.

• canelé

duck rillettes 

sweetbreads

rosemary shortbread

sous vide duck confit

• Kenny
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Chicken spaghetti ................ Just like spaghetti with meat sauce but with chicken meat .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.