When should we tell our 7 year old adopted daughter about her 16 year old bio sister?

When we adopted our child in December, we found out she had a sister.  I contacted the sister, even though my wife only wanted information about the sister.  I want to tell our daughter, because she should've known this entire time.  My wife thinks our child's bond to us isn't strong enough yet and we should wait for a year or more.  The sister may not be open to have a relationship with our daughter then.

The bio sister has a foster parent and encourages her to have a relationship with her younger sister.

• Tj

Why are you keeping sisters apart? That is so wrong. Do it now, get them together.

maybe you can adopt her sister too and then she'll get to know her

Your husband should be talking to the parents, not the sixteen year old.  I'd personally wait until the biological sister is eighteen years old and let her decide how to proceed.  The choice is yours to make.

what do the sister's parents say about this I find it strange that you contact a minor and not mention her parents at all