Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

how can i forget about love?

every now and then, maybe every couple weeks or so, ill get these bursts of loneliness. not from a lack of friends, but rather a lack of love from a girl

currently, i dont think i can maintain a relationship. so the only other option is to buck up and try to forget it. 

any ideas to help refocus myself away from it?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • j153e
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Refocus by repurposing and leveraging your emotions:

Use you time alone to read Shaunti Feldhahn's "For Couples Only,"

"The Kindness Challenge,"

"Finding a Higher Love,"

Omraam Aivahov's "Love and Sexuality,"

Mother Meera's "Answers"; https://www.mothermeera.com

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Bursts of lonliness? 

Or bursts of testosterone?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Muslim migration

• 1 month ago

i would suggest you to spend more times with family, or read books, sing song, dance with full craziness and do all those thing which were your dreams once and you were not able to do then. believe me this temporary love is not all thing which could make you satisfy but yeah we all need love and i believe you'll get that on the time till then do other things... hope so this would be helpful for you :))

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It keeps coming back because love is a basic human need.  We all need love. Why are you trying to forget it or distract yourself? These will only work for a short time and it will come back every time. Why not listen to yourself? 

I'm not sure why you can't maintain a relationship, but whatever the reason is, fix it. 

If it's your income, go to school, get a better job, do something about it. If it's your personality, lack of confidence or a fear of commitment, go to therapy to get past it and move on. If it's your appearance, go work out, try keto, get a haircut or some new clothes. Whatever it is, do something about it, one step at a time. 

If you want to move faster see a therapist and figure out a way together to make it happen. You deserve love as much as anyone else, don't hold yourself back. There is someone for everyone in the world but you will always be alone if you continue on your path. 

• 1 month ago

You can distract yourself for periods of time, but it is an essential, ongoing, real, need - whether you're currently aware of it or not, and whether you're feeding it or not.  We're all stuck with that need, just like the need for vitamin C or anything else.

• 1 month ago

It's an age old problem.  

I wonder why you believe yourself to be unable to maintain a relationship. Perhaps you could concentrate on becoming able. Attempting to do so might give your mind something on which to be occupied, and if you eventually succeed, it could open up your options. 

Or you could invest your energy into the obtaining of a sexbot.

I don't think just trying to ignore it, or distract yourself, is a real good strategy. It might keep gnawing at you, or get worse.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You have a psychological (emotional) problem, not a philosophical one. WRONG FORUM. Perhaps you should refocus by learning the difference. 

• 1 month ago

get married to ur honey i guess. then u both can give other company 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.