Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

How do I end a phone conversation with someone who keeps going on and on in a way that is not rude  ?

It was good to talk to you Sally but I need to go

It was good to talk to you Sally but I need to go, have a few things I need to do.

Sorry Sally but I think there’s someone selling something at the door, better go, good to talk to you.

• Mark

I have a friend that does that. I make the excuse of getting something to eat. Then he will ask him to call him later in the day. When we talked for an hour earlier in the day. Or I will have another call coming in and I do not get back with him after having a conversation with the other caller. Do you have caller ID on your phone? Let it go to voice mail and don't pick up on the calls from that lady.

just say excuse me but i have to go

"Sorry, I can't hear you."  Or better yet, hang up the phone and later tell this person that the call was dropped.

• Barry

Ring your doorbell and ask the caller to excuse you.