Due to Coronavirus, why doesn't DMV give us, car owners, a break on fees for new tag renewal?

They DID give us a time break--those plates that came up for renewal but whose owners were unable to get due to the virus were extended without penalty. So no one was stopped for expired plates. 

As for price, those are state-by-state requirements that really don't have much to do with the virus or any of its consequences. They're determined by a lot of other factors. 

If you are concerned about what the tag fees are where ever you live, you should see what the state of Corrupticut does to it's residents every year that owns a vehicle.

um because there isnt a coronavirus? Its an invention, a tool used to rob you blind.

thats my opinion and I stick by it. I'd claim 'us' but the state already got at me and I'm poor. I'd say it owes me an easy hundred grand.

Car is a luxury, not a necessity. DMV is a government agency. Life is tough.

It's not significant enough

• Andy C

For the same reason why cable isn't discounted: it's not a necessity and YOU are choosing to spend the money.

I'd, personally, pay a bit More to fix these awful roads in my county!

Maybe because the govt. considers driving a privilege, not a right.   I found it Odd that churches closed, yet you could still buy liquor? Which is the necessary entity? Alcoholism or prayer?The busses in my city are free right now. I guess this is a small token effort by my local govt to help..

• May

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Because they have to pay their staff too.   

My state did away with the online fees to process renewals.