Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

How do military spouses deal with their significant others leaving?

(My fiancé is a merchant marine, but I figured I’d put this question in this category because of the “coming and going” of his job)

This is the first time he’s had to leave on me, and while I know he loves his job and is also doing it for us, I can’t help but feel depressed. He’s not here to kiss or hold me, and when I wake up, the other side of the bed is empty. Now I know I’ll get used to it overtime, but for right now, I’m just sad. How can I help myself at the moment?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Gregg
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

My wife was working as an RN and raising two grade school kids while I was assigned on a ship on foreign detail..  .  Only heavens know how she did it.  All the schools had late hour parents pick up and that was all the help she had.

• 1 month ago

go to therapy and grow up. You had to know what the job entailed when you met him. You aren't even his wife yet. You get on with your life. Get up go to work and do what needs doing. Moping and crying serves no purpose.

Former Navy wife he was gone more than he was home

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You either have what it takes, or you don’t.  It is not for the weak, faint of heart or those who cannot do what needs doing without help.  

• 1 month ago

It comes with the territory. Get used to it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

we decided it would be best for the kids to have her live close to her family and to NOT move around with me.

Source(s): Retired Army SFC.
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.