Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 month ago

What does it mean when a guy says to a girl? ?

He is going to sort her out,🤔

My bf said to this me but didn't provide any context he just said it randomly 

• Lili

It depends on the context, and you haven't provided any.

It could mean he's going to help her with something. It could mean that he doesn't like something she's doing and is going to make sure she stops it (maybe violently). It could mean he's going to help her/make sure she understands something or figures something out.  It could mean that he thinks he can "fix" something that's wrong about her or a situation she's involved in.

To "sort something out" can have a variety of meanings, good and bad, but we have no idea what your boyfriend meant because we don't know him and we don't know the context or ANYTHING about your relationship.

Edit: The context was what you two were doing, talking about, etc. when he said it.  HE doesn't need to provide context. YOU need to describe what was going on. THAT is the context.

Sounds physical 

Sounds like he's going to beat her to a pulp.

I'd be careful if I were you

• Liz

You should have asked him what he meant. The expression sort it out has a number of meanings. LOL

• nalla

He’s going to give her a stiff one and I don’t mean a drink

Well, ask him.  We weren't there.  It's one of those phrases that depends entirely on tone and context.  It can mean "I'll fix that thing in your life that's causing you problems," to "Don't worry about tea, I'll treat you to a takeaway," but it can also mean, "I'm going to beat you up."  Context and tone are everything, of course there was context.  You were some place.  You were doing something.  A certain tone of voice was used.  One would hope that you can tell one extreme from the other at least.

• kelvin

ask the guy.............

"He is going to sort her out"

Tell him to f off, as if you need sorting out.   To sort something out means its not working properly so you have to take care of it.