Do you need a prescription to purchase crutches?

I have standard hospital issued crutches..  They are the wooden ones that go under your armpit.  I saw forearm crutches on the internet.  Where could I get them?  Will I need a prescription or doctors note?

• A.J.

Anyone can buy crutches, wheel chairs, and most other medical supplies. Prescriptions for these things is about insurance company paying for them or re-imbursement. Major pharmacies and medical supply stores, and sellers on Ebay and Amazon, and used ones on Facebook and Craigslist possibly. You would normally need a height adjustable with good padding type. There is under the arms and hands held types.

Nope. You can order crutches online or buy them from places like Walgreens and CVS.  

They do not require a prescription.

Hardly, one cheap place is a second hand store like Goodwill. Often you will find medical devices such as this for sale in such places.

no you don't need a prescription for any device like that. You can buy them in any full service drug store or on Amazon.