Why doesn’t everybody know where Southwest Florida is?

Of-course, perhaps the most common place that everybody knows in southwest Florida, or near it, is obviously Tampa. However, just South of Tampa, and even South of Bradenton, for that matter, in Southwest Florida, unless it is maybe, just maybe, Bradenton, or Sarasota where people know of, there are areas near Fort Myers that are called Cape Coral, Estero, Punta Gorda, a little Island Fishing Village called Matlacha, Port Charlotte, Saint James City, Boca Grande, Sanibel, and Captiva. Unfortunately, unless you are from The Northern Midwest, (Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, etc.), where people from those areas vacation to those parts of Florida, sadly, not as many Americans in general know about that part of Florida as they do other parts of Florida like Tampa, and obviously Disney, and even Ocala, for that matter. Why don’t as many people know of this side of Florida as they do other parts of Florida? Even Charles Barkley asked, “Where is Florida Gulf Coast at” that year “The March Madness” (which did not happen “This Year” as we all know) happened. Why don’t many people know where Southwest Florida is?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Who cares?  It's still Florida. Hard pass. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

WOW Ben you found a new place to Troll. Anyone can list some town names most on the planet including YOU have not heard of EVERYWHERE.

. There are 282 cities, 109 towns, and 20 villages in the U.S. state of Florida.

I know Florida its the part below Georgia and above Cuba on a map.

My Boss lived in Ft Myers. He did not like training us for Winter Deicing procedures.

Unfortunately, unless you are from The Northern Midwest,......

REALLY and those that reside West of the Mississippi cannot vacation there too?

Curious you missed out on Key West. It is more South  than the locations you list.

• MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't know why it seems to bother you so much.  It's quite common that most people know the well-known and more popular destinations in any given state.  I bet not a lot of people know much about Southwest Georgia either, or Southwest Texas, or Southwest Nebraska.  The more commonly visited and easily recognizable areas are those that people are most familiar with.  If no one has gone to those places, or has had reason to hear of the, then it makes perfect sense that they are generally unaware of them.

• pmt853
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most of the billions of people on planet Earth have never been to the USA and probably never will. They have no reason to take much of an interest in as relatively small arae such as SW Florida.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.