Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 5 months ago

If you're a young adult still living with your parents, are you still supposed to do and obey everything they say?

• J M

Yes. Grow up. If you don’t like it, move

AS MY FATHER ONCE SAID:  IT IS MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY

• ?

A young adult living with parents and paying rent and expenses would have more ability to assert their independence than someone still financially reliant on those parents. But as always, if you don't like the house rules move out. 

Yes, since they are just the authority over you.

Source(s): Reality.

Yes...Their house...Their rules.

If you don't like it, with exterior doors and windows, there's many ways to exit the house.

• ?

Yup, that's how it works at any age.  It's their house, they pay the bills, so they get to make the rules.  

Even if you pay rent to them, there are still rules.  Get used to that.

More or less as you are living under their roof and they can make the rules.

I believe in the "Golden Rule", He who pays the Gold, makes the Rules. 

I was making my own way in terms of food, clothing, & vehicle by 16. I obeyed my folks conditions and I'm thankful my parents provided me a roof over my head and health care for my childhood. 

I left at 18 and moved in with 85 new friends, (USMC Boot Camp). 

If you live in someone else's home, whether it be your parents or a rental, you must abide by the rules of the homeowner. 

To the "down-voters" - I hope your kids come live with you and you tell them "no parties after 10 PM", and they boogie down til 5AM every day. 

• ?

I feel that if you have a job and do your share of chores, they should cut you some slack, but unfortunately if you're still living in their house then their rules still apply and they might not be so reasonable.