Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

Achtung alarmists! WTH is ocean "acidification?"?

noun ==  the process of becoming an acid or the act of making something become an acid

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

No such thing.  Ocean PH is 8.  That's alkaline.

• JimZ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I remember watching Aliens.  They have acid for blood and really nasty acid at that.  Acid indigestion is a nightmare.  I remember watching a Kung Fu episode where Kwai Chang fell into the water because he was afraid it was a vat of acid.  It was his fear caused him to fall.  I had a Drill Sergeant that told everyone not to drink Coke because it was acid.  Acid is scary stuff in our pop culture so alarmists intentionally try to make their idiot followers believe we are turning the ocean in a vat of acid that will dissolve coral and anyone unlucky enough to fall off their surfboard.  

• 1 month ago

It's incorrect.  Let's say it's one degree outside.  If the temperature goes up to two degrees, then you don't say it's warming up.

You might say that as a joke.  Or you could technically say that the thermometer has gone in the warm direction.

But to say that one to two degrees is warming up is misleading and disingenuous.    

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It refers to the direction of change rather than the position on the pH scale.

This is, or should be, easily understandable, but some of those who call themselves "skeptics" seem determined not to understand it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.