What are some Diabetic tips or strategies you use to stay away from high-carb foods?

For me, things like pizza, ice cream and high sugar drinks--You got to look at it like its an illegal drug.  Its going to make you feel very good for a little while....but in the end your damaging your body.

Well for me, I eat those things when my blood glucose levels allow for it.

There are only two sugared drinks I'll have from time to time. REAL cream soda and home brewed ginger beer. But I don't have these at home 24/7, mainly because I never did, but when I go out, I like to have one of these. Especially on long bike rides. 

Using my diet and exercise (not using meds), I can eat pizza or ice-cream, just not all in the same meal. Can I have pizza every meal? Nope, but I don't treat any foods like it's an illegal drug, it's just food, some of which I eat in moderation. 

The easiest way to avoid eating high carbs, is to not buy high carbs. If you don't have it at home, you are not going to be (tempted). 

• If you don’t buy it or make it, you can’t eat it. Pretty simple.