More than 100 Black leaders and celebrities urge Biden to pick Black woman as VP....does "pick the best person" no longer apply in America?

No, TB.  I AM suggesting that all white people and black men have already been eliminated from consideration, which may or may not preclude picking the best person, you condescending jerk.

Exactly, Warren.  To the Dems, being "woke" seems to be their #1 priority.  They've been given a perfect storm this year, and they're going to screw it up.

I gave you "best answer" just so you can see this, TB.  You're a j@ck@$$.  You know who would have been a great pick for #2...Keisha Lance Bottoms, mayor of Atlanta.  I think she's awesome.  And I'll tell you who else would have been a fantastic pick, and a damn sight better than Kamala Harris....LaToya Cantrell, mayor of New Orleans.  With Biden's age, picking the "best possible" in important.

I stand by my original comment...you are a condescending jerk.

• TB12

Are you suggesting that only a white male would qualify as the best person,,,

UPDATE;  OK, I do not for a second believe your concern is about who may be the "best man" for the job but rather you're just upset that a black female is being considered,, something you have a problem with,, how do you know the candidates being considered are not the best for the job,, what are your qualifications to make that judgement.

And on that subject,, do you really believe Pence was selected because he was the best choice,, or is it more likely he was selected because Trump needed the support of the evangelicals to get the votes,, do you really believe Pence was the best choice,,, what about Dan Quayle, or Cheney, or Gore,,,

And furthermore,, you must admit the best choice for the job is the person best qualified to become president should something happen to the man in the office,,, so,,, if the person that serves as a vice president is best qualified to step into the duties of president should the need arise than surely you must agree that a former vice president would be the best candidate for the job,, right,, You know,,, someone like,,,, I don't know,,,,, Joe Biden.

So therefore we can all take to heart that you will be giving your full support, and vote, to Joe Biden for president.

Biden is a puppet that dances for the progressive left. He WILL pick a female, preferably black, because he does just what he's told by those who yell the loudest. He doesn't have a mind of his own I guess. I think people need to shut up and stop demanding he pick who they want.

It is getting that way in the UK too.

Identity politics aka pandering.

People who scream of discrimination, getting anti white;male discrimination to get unfair advantage.

The best person has been replaced by the candidate who fits whatever demographic shouts the loudest.

Merit not important, skin colour frequently is.

If you really "pick the best person", then your vote for Trump makes absolutely no sense.

Blows my mind that identity politics is that important. We're all supposed to be equal as Americans, so why exclude 90% of the population from consideration? The right person with the right qualifications, that actually appeals to voters might not be a a black woman, and that's okay. We're heading in the wrong direction for equality when we treat people differently based on color or gender.

The Democratic Party is all about identity politics now.

• Warren

That would be my question, but dimocraps today are so far into identity politics that color and gender seem to be more important than qualifications. Of course they also have a presidential candidate who sure seems to be suffering from age related dementia!

Not for Democrats. It's follow the mob rule.