Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 4 months ago

Am I wrong to ask my daughter to help me babysit?

On the days that I don’t work I babysit some friend’s kids to make some extra money. Their ages are 4, 2, and 8 months. My own daughter is an older teen and most of the time when I’m babysitting she stays in her room to avoid the kids. Sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed with all the work and would like some help. I’ve asked her to help me with simple things like preparing a meal or a diaper change but she refuses and says she wants nothing to do with the kids. Am I asking for too much?

• Rick B

This is YOUR job, not your daughter's.  Would you ask your daughter to go with you to a "real job" and do part of your work for free?????

Yes, you are wrong to ask her because it's not her job to babysit and she didn't sign up for babysitting, YOU did.

Unless she volunteered to help, then yes you're definitely wrong. After all your daughter has a social life too and shouldn't have to be babysitting all the time.

• edward

No...that’s not too much.  I would help without being asked, i love kids.  

No Minor should be allowed to babysit @ all zxvqprdfgh

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

Wow, where is DSS and why haven't they removed your screw trophy.  

You're wrong.  YOU took the job.  It is YOUR job.  

Did you even offer to pay her for helping.  (after all - you are getting paid)It would be different if you was asking her to do the dishes or fold some laundry - that is general care for YOUR HOME.  You should not be asking her to help you do a job that you are being paid to do.  

You took on the job and are being paid to do it.  She did not take on the job, doesn't want the job, and is not being paid to do it.

So no, you should not ask her to help you with the job you volunteered to take.

If you're paying her to babysit then you're right.  If you're not paying her, you're wrong.  It's your job, not hers.  

• Jill

Yes, you are wrong. If you can't perform the service that you are being paid for it shouldn't fall to your daughter to pick up the slack.