Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsAllergies · 2 months ago

Why does peanut butter make me feel like I'm going to throw up?

I love the taste of peanut butter, but it always makes me feel sick after eating it. I do not have a peanut allergy, as I can eat regular peanuts just fine. It is just peanut butter that makes me feel like I might throw up. I have never actually thrown up from it. Why does this happen?

You're probably allergic

I have a love hate relationship with peanut butter because the same thing happens to me. I generally avoid it now, actually most nuts make me feel nauseous in large amounts but mostly peanuts. This may be a slight food intolerance, not so much an allergy but I dont know. I just think its too rich.

Most peanut butters have Palm oil in them and are quite cloying, it's probably best to try and find a brand that has just peanuts in it and nothing else.  Or you could try to make your own, but you'll need something like a NutriBullet or smililar to crush them to a paste.

• Diana

Try the Natural Jif peanut butter.  Its easier to digest.  

It's thick, dry, and salty? Drink water.

The trans fat content may be stressing your Pancreas and also leading to inflammation and bloating. Try almond butter instead.

Pet worms will give you that type of feeling.