Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 month ago

What are the cheapest new cars I can buy that are decent?

Just want something reliable, decent handling, easy to park, and decent gas mileage. What are my options?

One of the cheapest new is the Versa and its not great. Yaris & Fit are probably better bets but I don't know their pricing. I would never buy new and I never have.

I am not a fan of the mirage. They might be slightly better than versa but not great.

I would suggest trying to find something 2-4 years old from a private party who needs to sell because they lost their job or something. You'd get a car still under some kind of factory warranty and you'd save a ton versus brand new.

govdeals is another option. I bought my car off there and saved a ton versus retail.

Get a 3 year old camry.  Same price as the cheapest new car and will last a lot longer.

You're not going to find anything new that's cheaper than a Mitsubishi Mirage in the US market.  Is it really nice?  No.  Is it reliable, does it handle decently, is it easy to park, does it get good gas mileage.  Yes.  The design is 8 years old so it's proven mechanically and the warranty is good too.  Nothing in the US market comes close if all you're looking for is cheap, new, reliable, mileage, and long warranty.

Base models of Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit, Hyundai Accent, Kia Rio, Mitsu Mirage.