Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 month ago

Alternative topical treatment for inflammatory acne on dry and sensitive skin? ?

The best topical treatment for inflammatory acne everywhere I read is either Salicylic acid or Benzoyl Peroxide. However, whenever I apply any products containing any of these two ingredients, it literally makes my skin more worse. Salicylic acid burns my skin and Benzoyl Peroxide leaves red patches all over the area.

I always have to take oral antibiotics in the end. I don’t have severe acne, it’s just one or two pimples, but they can be really miserable as there is no way for me to stop them from growing in the first place. Why these products doesn’t work for me? Is there any other solution? 

This is where science becomes whacky and acid neutralized the acid.  But, common sense tells you that acid is caustic.  So you must realize that you can not use benzoyl peroxide (base) with any acid.  You have made a very strong acid peel, when you do this.