Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

what is "god" mean?

And can you use it in a sentence??

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The Supreme Being, whose distinctive name is Jehovah. The Hebrew language uses terms for “God” that convey the idea of strength, also of majesty, dignity, and excellence. In contrast to the true God, there are false gods. Some of these have set themselves up as gods; others have been made objects of worship by those who serve them.

Are there sound reasons for believing in God?

Ps. 19:1: “The heavens are declaring the glory of God; and of the work of his hands the expanse is telling.”

Ps. 104:24: “How many your works are, O Jehovah! All of them in wisdom you have made. The earth is full of your productions.”

Rom. 1:20: “His invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made.”

Is God a real person?

Heb. 9:24: “Christ entered . . . into heaven itself, now to appear before the person of God for us.”

John 4:24: “God is a Spirit.”

John 7:28: “He that sent me is real,” said Jesus.

1 Cor. 15:44: “If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one.”

Did God have a beginning?

Ps. 90:2: “Before the mountains themselves were born, or you proceeded to bring forth as with labor pains the earth and the productive land, even from time indefinite to time indefinite you are God.”

Source(s): What Is the Truth About God? https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102005131#h=1...
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Lowercase g

god

noun [ C ]

US /ɡɑːd/ UK /ɡɒd/

god noun [C] (SPIRIT)

a spirit or being believed to control some part of the universe or life and often worshiped for doing so, or something that represents this spirit or being:

the ancient Greek gods and goddesses

Examples

The site was named after a Norse god.

Their sacred dance is performed to invoke ancient gods.

The children enjoyed the stories about the gods and goddesses of Greek and Roman myth.

• 1 month ago

I prefer by far: dog(s) than gods! At least they are REAL / they EXIST.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"god" means a spiritual entity of great power that is imagined to exist. "God" means the almighty, all-knowing and infinite Being Who brought into existence all else that exists.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

True concept of God: Allah is one he is eternal he is neither born nor give birth there is nothing like him

• 1 month ago

GOD is the Lord of all the worlds.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Here is the truth: The Lord Jesus Christ is God. Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, or not. The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell.

Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ means being forgiven all sins past and future and means going to heaven. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing on Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven

• sam
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

A god is a spiritual being which humans worship. Often known as a diety or a higher power. Depending on the religion, gods can appear in many forms and appearances. Some religions worship one god, and others have many.

Example sentence: The people prayed to the god of war before entering the battle. 

• 1 month ago

The original meaning of the word 'God' simply meant; Creator. Nothing less, nothing more. 'Allah' means the exact same thing actually. It means 'Creator' in Arabic.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

God is a joke! 

I'm a needy christian and my god loves me and answers my prayers, but doesn't ever end world hunger, that's how much he loves me.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.