Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 1 month ago

what is the reason that so many "undocumented migrants" are trying to get into the U.K. all of a sudden via the English channel?

anyone else seen this on the news? they are coming by  the hundreds lately trying to cross the channel in boats and i was wondering why now? and why UK? i mean they are already in the EU, so why the UK? they will be sent back to the EU if caught or where? why?

Update:

OKAY, I MEAN WHY IS THE NEWS TALKING ABOUT THEM TRYING TO GET ACROSS THE ENGLISH CHANNEL IN BOATS? I HEARD THAT PRITI PATEL WAS EVEN GOING ON ONE OF THE AIRPLANES THAT ARE FLYING OVER THE CHANNEL TO TRY AND STOP THEM I GUESS BY DROPPING BOMBS ON THEM?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Why do you assume it is 'all of a sudden' illegals have been doing this for decades, why are the media advertising it? More likely as they are looking for stories and they can link it to Brexit which they tend to like to do

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nice calm sea on those sunny days. Such migrants have been trying to cross the Channel for several years now. Every now and then there is a purge of migrant camps on the French coast but then they come back and start trying again. I suppose we should be flattered that they want to come here rather than any other part of Europe or the world.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Money welfare they have destroyed their own Homes now they want to destroy ours by stealing our Money

• The French. But the Brits are too busy blaming Americans!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's been going on for years, there is always more during the summer because of the good weather. And you never heard that THAT PRITI PATEL WAS EVEN GOING ON ONE OF THE AIRPLANES THAT ARE FLYING OVER THE CHANNEL TO TRY AND STOP THEM I GUESS BY DROPPING BOMBS ON THEM.

Because that droping bombs on them is illegal under international law and a crime against humanity, and the UK doesnt do that troll.

• 1 month ago

let's see same as before-- political unrest, famine, persecutions, Dictators, lack of food, jobs, and medicine.

• 1 month ago

It is summer.  Weather conditions are more favourable for travelling by boat.  The UK is seen as a place where people can do better for themselves, which is why many are ignoring the fact that they are already in a safe country and want to get here for a better life.  It seems that France does little to stop them.

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

All of a sudden? This has been going on for years. Where have you been?

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There's nothing "all of a sudden" about it

Why the UK?

Because English was a mandatory subject when they went to school, or/and they never got around to learning any other EU language.

Or because they know people in England who fled to England for those reasons.

Source(s): Esperantist
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.