Do you think the news media can restore its credibility? If so, how?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Not likely any time soon.  When the news media consisted for 4 or 5 sources they could actually focus on news and facts.  Now that there are hundreds of media sources, they focus on what sells... because obtaining customers (viewers or readers) is now extremely competitive.  The cable news networks now have a focus on "news analysis" as they go about beating each other up.  They tend to slant political left or right in an attempt to draw and maintain viewership/readership.  There are literally no media sources without bias.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

not a chance....

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Was it really ever credible?  Or did it just seem that way because there was almost a monopoly on broadcast news for so many years by the big 3 (ABC, CBS, NBC)?

News has always been biased, one way or t'other. 

I have long wished for somewhere I could get just straight news, just the facts.  I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.  

• Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

will take a LONG time ..............................

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Stop chasing ratings. Unfortunately, as capitalist organizations, they can't.

• Kevin
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

only fox news and infowars are credible news sources

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.