Mom needs help learning about her mixed babies hair!?

My daughter is mixed, I am very inexperienced with her hair type. I've joined facebook groups, watched youtube videos, and am accumulating products in my cart to practice doing her hair. However, I've come across a lot of moms doing their kids edges. My daughter is one years old. I've seen babies her age have their hair done like this. Being white I have no experience with this lol I was wondering should I learn to do this when it comes to styling my daughters hair as well? I've seen a lot of controversy on it being done to children (all youtube videos where kids getting their edges laid have their comments disabled) and I was wondering why this is? Also I was wondering if I should learn, what is a good kid friendly edge tamer? People say the ebin 24 hour hold extreme is good and use it on kids but it says for professional salon use only? Is it safe? Why this disclaimer? 

Shave it off.                

• Topaz

Go to Sally's Beauty store they have people there to help you. Lots of kids lines of hair products. I like Silk Elements lots of vitamins and keeps hair soft. Just wash after put Dan conditioner and comb thru. Section off to make ponytails with loose tie ouchless rubber bands. Just needs two ponytails. Take the hair after u rubber band and section in two pieces comb gently and twist lightly. The hair is damp so she will have rings. Once dry remove bands and comb out

So pretty. Hope this helps.

Can you get advice from her paternal grandmother or aunts?