Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

What other kind of milk can I use with cereals?

I like eating cereals but I get a tummy ache when I consume cow's milk and I don't like the taste of soy milk.

i am not vegan but i buy almond milk because i like it. not sure if that has soy? google that before you buy. but i buy unsweetened so its more standard milk-like and drink it straight up or with my cereal. i also drink regular milk. so maybe you'll like almond milk too. haven't tried oat milk and i would like to. 

• k w

good for you I don't like it either, BUT I found out WHY, it mimics the female hormone ....you can use goat milk, coconut milk, rice milk, are the ones I'm familiar with...

Cut cows milk out your diet completely and dairy. There is lots of alternatives

--  Try A-2 milk which is a cows milk with a certain protein that is higher, and without the A-1 protein. If that still upsets you, try any of the grain milks mentioned by fellow answerers. They are all good alternatives.

Almond and Coconut

• .

I would say simply try other non-dairy milk options. You may also want to try the lactose-free dairy options, in addition to almond milk (which I enjoy), rice milk, hemp milk, or any other "milk" option available in your area. Only you can decide what you find acceptable as far as flavor. 

.

I didn't dislike soymilk but due to the need to limit my soy consumption, I switched to almond milk and I quite like it. The almond flavor is very light/faint. I prefer the unsweetened (low calorie) vanilla variety for cereal or just drinking milk. I don't care for it in my coffee though (everyone is different).

1. Oat milk

2. Cashew milk

3. Barley milk

4. Almond milk

5. Lactose-free milk

6. Rice milk

7. Coconut milk

8. Hemp milk

9. Goat milk 

10. Black bean milk

Source(s): veteran athlete
  • Ann

I personally drink almond milk.  There is also coconut milk, but it's pretty sweet.  It's not bad on cereals, though.  I tried Lactaid milk, and even that gave me diarrhea because I'm lactose intolerant.  I agree that soy milk isn't the greatest.

Lactaid.  It's real milk, tastes like real mile because it is.  But the lactose sugar has been removed.  And that's the stuff in whole milk that probably gives you the tummy ache.  You can find Lactaid or other lactose free milks at your nearby grocery store.

• A.J.

Try Lactaid for lactose intolerance milk. If that doesn't work you can only try others like almond or other nuts.