Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

What happens to someone who got a sports scholarship, are they screwed?

I got a partial scholarship back in my college days to play baseball for the University of Florida, go Gators! ;)

Thing was though, I got my offer, along with early admission, in the fall of my senior year of high school.

Which in the context of a current rising college freshman, would have been before we knew there was going to be a pandemic.

But now, the prospects of having college sports this year, with or without fans, is questionable at best. 

So if someone got a sports scholarship, is it suddenly going to be a case of: "Psyche! We aren't paying your way after all?" 

Rick: How do they "preform" if there are no game?

If there are no *games*

Contact the school and let them know that you got a partial sports scholarship and see if they will honor it.

A lot of big schools, such as Florida are not hurting for cash. They will likely still honor scholarships as awarded by the university and SIGNED by the individual as it is a binding contract. 

You need to contact your school and ask them about the status of your sports scholarship. They may honor it or they may not. Contact the athletic department and ask them.

• Rick

not as long as they preform ...............................

,Many schools have committed to honoring current students who have a Sports Scholarship.    

However, any new Freshman who was awarded a Sports Scholarship for this Fall is likely out of luck.  It really all depends on what schools decide to do in going forward with their Sports programs.