Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

What do you think of the increase in divorce and relationship breakdown since lockdown?

Have you experienced this?

I’m enjoying the house to myself and alimony.  No complaints here.  

• jean

yes i am divorcing my cat-the lockdown has driven us mad

I guess you really get to know someone when you're lockup with them 24/7.

Unless there's violence involved I think people shouldn't be so hasty.  This is a very artifical situation.  There will be a return to something like normal again.  That will be a good time to decompress, debrief, and have some honest discussion about what happened how things could/should change going forward.  At that point, if they can't see eye-to-eye they should break up.

As for me, we've got two sheds, so we can both exile ourselves, lol!  Seriously though, it's been fine.  We've acknowledged that we're both a little irritable due to not knowing how the economy is going to behave and basically throwing retirement plans up in the air.  We do our own thing but make sure to eat a meal together at least once each and every day and spend some scheduled time doing something together.  It's a good dry run for retirement.

Listening to that nagging wench a couple of hours a day was tolerable but 24/7 is just too much and lockdown has proven it