k. asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

URGENT: Aggressive Cat?

My family and I got a cat in around September last year, she was the nicest of all her siblings before she came to our home. After a while of living with us, she became really aggressive and constantly bites and scratches us when we try to show her affection. She will even do this when we walk past her and not do anything. Another thing, when she's eating food, she will growl and hiss at us to get away and if we don't, she will violently attack us. I know it's something we have done to make her like this and I want to know how to get her to trust us. In case it is of any importance, she is an indoor cat, we have a dog (whom she gets along with) and 2 pet rats. The rats are kept in another room so she never gets to see them. I'm also not sure about her breed. We've owned a cat before about 7 years ago, so not much experience with cats in our family. If you need any more information feel free to ask and I'll add an update to this question. I really love this cat and don't want to get rid of her so I appreciate any answer. Thank you.

when cats become aggressive out of nowhere after they haver been nice and cuddly it signifies they have some illness and are suffering. u should go to a vet with her. also maybe u re underfeeding her so she is protective of her food

My females aren't spayed but males are, my females are friendly!!! Cat owner for 62+ years

• JJ

First, I assume she has been spayed. If not, that's the reason. Otherwise, there are many possible reasons for this. It could be how you interact, or a medical problem. You will need to determine which one applies to your cat.

https://www.jacksongalaxy.com/blog/aggression-in-c...