Why is my new RAM not clicking in its slot (hp pavilion)?

I bought 4gb RAM for my HP pavilion laptop (yes it's compatible with my laptop model, I've checked), and the piece should fit the slot, but for some reason when I push it down, it's not clicking in place and therefore my laptop isnt reading it. Help?

Model is hp pavilion 15 e0000

check the pins on the new stick carefully .... then do the same for the slot it fits into.  use magnifying glass if needed and strong light.  btw, the amount of force required can be quite high

• rodcom

If it is the correct ram, and you are sure about that, I have had some stubborn ram in which I had to slightly wiggle it as I pushed it down into the slot and then manually push the locks up at the same time. Eventually I got it, but that was also years ago. I have not had a memory slot like that in a lot of years.

Looks like you got wrong RAM or try to set it wrong way.'You can check type of RAM for your laptop on site   www.crucial.com

Note the slot between the fingers.  Rotate the strip 180* and try again.  That is all that can be guessed from only "HP pavilion laptop" and no model number.