Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 1 month ago

Can I still be a cyclist if I have read and understand the Highway Code?

Update:

I mean, I don't jump lights or ride on the pavement or ride three abreast. Surely if I am a considerate road user I can not call myself a cyclist?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • D50
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

No, the other cyclists will reject and shun you if you are caught waiting for a red light.

• F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

@ oldhippie

It’s also like bowling. A strike is easier than hitting a single pin.

• pmt853
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes you could read it (if you can actually read) and call yourself a cyclist. Many road users in and on all types of transport are considerate, some of us are not.

• 1 month ago

Highway code? 

For 50 mph and above: No way.

For 45 mph: Pretty risky.

For 40 mph safest.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I smell an anonymous troll here.  We true cyclist obey all traffic laws which apply to us. People on bicycles who don't obey traffic laws aren't cyclist; they are idiots.  We despise them because they cause narrow minded biased anonymous trolls like you to think cyclist don't obey traffic laws and are inconsiderate to other road users.

Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder.
  • 1 month ago

Passing cyclist riding two or three abreast takes a LOT less time vs. the same number of cyclists riding single file.  

https://youtu.be/8NGdQDEkWCE

Youtube thumbnail

• Jon
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you are a cyclist in the UK you should have read and understood the relevant parts of the Highway Code.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.