Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 1 month ago

Can I still be a cyclist if I have read and understand the Highway Code?

I mean, I don't jump lights or ride on the pavement or ride three abreast. Surely if I am a considerate road user I can not call myself a cyclist?

• D50

No, the other cyclists will reject and shun you if you are caught waiting for a red light.

• F

@ oldhippie

It’s also like bowling. A strike is easier than hitting a single pin.

• pmt853

Yes you could read it (if you can actually read) and call yourself a cyclist. Many road users in and on all types of transport are considerate, some of us are not.

Highway code? 

For 50 mph and above: No way.

For 45 mph: Pretty risky.

For 40 mph safest.

I smell an anonymous troll here.  We true cyclist obey all traffic laws which apply to us. People on bicycles who don't obey traffic laws aren't cyclist; they are idiots.  We despise them because they cause narrow minded biased anonymous trolls like you to think cyclist don't obey traffic laws and are inconsiderate to other road users.

Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder.

Passing cyclist riding two or three abreast takes a LOT less time vs. the same number of cyclists riding single file.  

https://youtu.be/8NGdQDEkWCE

Youtube thumbnail

• Jon

If you are a cyclist in the UK you should have read and understood the relevant parts of the Highway Code.