Why did Britney Spears shave her head?

I never understood it and I'm curious.

interesting, thanks :)

• Danny

Very different theories on why she shaved her head as she did it for publicity, did it because she had a breakdown so just shaved it off.

Another theory is that her hair was falling out (possibly from drugs or the breakdown) so she shaved her hair off so people wouldn't notice her hair falling out.

Because she is coo coo for Cocoa Puffs!!!!

Bipolar depression can make you do strange things. I did the same thing about a month before she did (seriously bad depression and an intense feeling of not being good enough, so why not shave the hair and be even less attractive..or so your mind would have you believe.) sad, but unfortunately if you're not getting the help (medical or therapy) you need to deal with mental health issues, you're gonna end up doing things like that and sometimes worse. I've never particularly liked or disliked the woman, but I felt a kind of kinship for her as I have bipolar myself so I  can relate on some level. 

She ran out of things to shave.

• Boy

she is a druggie redneck what do you expect?

• Britney was facing several emotional problems, and extreme media persecution. And they were threatening to take custody of her son. In the face of all this chaos, Britney started taking drugs, and  at the height of an outbreak, she lost control and did that. Poor Britney! The music industry destroyed her life.

• Kathy

To get noticed and publicity.

• Brian

She had a Mental Breakdown.

She was in a custody battle with Kevin Federline at the time and I think she was afraid the court would require a hair follicle drug test which she knew she would fail at the time. By shaving off all of her hair she simply eliminated that possibility.

• y

She has head issues, mental health issue, could be from a number of reason but it is what happened to her.