Do you think Trump's plan to end Social Security is cruel?

For mllions of elderly Americans social security is their only source of income!.  P.S. no payroll tax means no more money for social security.

• Red

it is a big lie from the communists.

to get rid of the present government.

not smart to think the way of the communists

America is the most beautiful country,

let's keep it that way.

SOCIAL SECURITY IS COMING TO AN END AND THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO TO STOP IT

President Trump has something better coming.  He is working hard for the American people.  In his future, Americans will renew the American Dream.

For decades, our paychecks have been dwindling because of food prices, higher living costs, higher property taxes, higher local taxes and the middle class has become poor.  The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.  Our President is smart enough to realize and tell the billionaires that they better start now considering the American people and doing for the people, because when America comes down because of their failure, they'll fall harder than anyone.  For instance, we gave lots to research and development for Big Pharma and they slap us in the face with drug prices we can't afford.  Disability Insurance giants cut off the disabled knowing they will not fight them in court.  Property insurance has deductibles so high that most insurance claims are lower than the deductibles.  Car insurance has been a joke since the very beginning.  It was suppose to come down when all Texans got insurance.  It never came down once.  Our billionaires live like dictators from other nations and President Trump can see this.  The people have felt hopeless until President Trump started making enemies of both democrats and republicans and then and only then did we realize that we had a President finally fighting for the people and not big business.

Not at all.  There is no authority in the Constitution for the federal government to setup this Ponzi scheme (yes, it is) then take all of the money stolen from workers, allegedly for their retirement, and waste in on other vote buying, unconstitutional pandering.  Just give me back the money that was already stolen, plus interest, and let me take care of my own retirement.  The federal government can cut pandering to make up for the reduced income.

It also means I don't have to pay it. More money in my pocket is good for me.

This is why we have checks and balances and supposed to have fair elections.  Trump is not supposed to be President, Congress is not supposed to be controlled by Republicans,  there should be one more liberal supreme court justice and one less right winger.  We have a perfect storm of what should not be ….and now we have one man threatening to make these vast changes with a simple decree...…   If you are not convinced now why tyranny is very  bad medicine, something is wrong with  you. 

It's classic Trump -- bribe the electorate now ,and just ignore the consequences that will follow , later down the line .

They can be left for someone else to detail with  -- when they will no longer be his concern .

This man has no thought for the country's welfare ,whatsoever-- it's always about  what's good for him now  .

Better chances are Trump won't be president after January 20!

No way!! I think eliminating the tax is a huge positive. I'd have a lot more money saved up for retirement had the gov't not taken it from me by force for all these years.

if anything the free programs should end before social security. people that get social security worked for the dollars they get.