Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

I ate a Healthy Choice frozen meal with grilled chicken in it. Is it likely to give food poisoning  since it is meat and was frozen?

afraid of food poisoning. I microwaved it about a minute longer than it said on the box to make sure it was cooked. the chicken tasted kind fo rubbery maybe because I microwaved too long? is this normal ? it wasnt pink at all

You said it all, its grilled chicken therefore the chicken was cooked through and not raw. Also, all those microwavable frozen meals contain a lot of preservatives so you are fine. 

• The preservatives they use may cause an upset stomach but no worries with respect to salmonella.

Stop being paranoid. First, the chicken is cooked when it is added to the meal. You don't get it raw. The only reason the company tells you to cook it for as long as they do is to cover their a$$. You could eat that right out of the freezer without heating it and you would be fine. And yeah, the chicken was rubbery because you heated it too long. Just follow the instructions. You will be fine.

No, it's unlikely to give you food poisoning.

• kswck2

Chances are the meat is not meal muscle meat, rather it is a formed slurry concoction formed into what looks like real meat. And some TV dinner foods have rubbery meat. Overcooking them will just dry them out more. 

You need to get the microwave dinners with live chicken meat, not frozen.

• CB

Of course it will give you food poisoning how do you think Healthy Choice keeps such a good reputation and maintain sales quotes - people love to spew from both ends. 

it is unlikely to give you food poisoning. yes the meat was rubbery because you over cooked it.

• The food was already 100% cooked. The cooking you do is just defrosting and heating.

I swear I wonder how some people are able to put on their own pants.