How do I get expert help with Ancestry family tree research?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The whole idea of Ancestry is to use their data to do your own research.  You don't need an expert.

• 1 month ago

Ancestry offers free access, but you will not be able to access ALL the records in their collection.

FamilySearch.com is a free site, but it is also much more complicated to use and is based on Mormon records research.  The key to good research is to document you work, if you find a birth record, include where you found it, like you would in a Bibliography. 

Source(s): Genealogical researcher 55+ years
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You'll need access to the dark web by hacker's zxvqbdjkpf

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• 1 month ago

I'd suggest that you start by going to one of the Mormon/LDS Family History Centers, which are located in Mormon churches. Their librarian volunteers can help get you started. They have a lot of resources, including their own free genealogy website. (Familysearch.org) They can help you access family records both in the U.S. and abroad. My genealogy research was primarily in Europe and the Mormons have microfilmed the church records in most of Europe, which was enormously helpful.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

How you get help with family tree research is to find an expert and hire them.

Ancestry has a lot of records, but there are 400,000 other sites devoted to genealogy, and a gazillion records on paper.

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Join the local family history society for the area(s) that you are interested in. Or at least contact them, and see if they can recommend someone. They should know who is good.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You contact an expert and pay for their services.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Professional REAL genealogists you can find via the National Archives, the local Records Centres and FH societies........... and lots of others advertise who think having an online subscription to ancestry.com, who copy and paste and charge money for doing so

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.